Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Music Of The Night

Music catapults me spiritually, emotionally, almost physically into the past. The power of music is thousand times more intense here at sea, when there is nothing in the stillness of the night save the infinite heavens above and utter darkness all around, embracing us within a pitch black void.

It is 4am and the deepest part of the night. I watch the ocean from the cockpit, scanning the impenetrable horizon for signs of movement or light. Earlier I found some old mini-discs and began to listen to songs that I have not played for several years, some as long as a decade. The flashbacks begin immediately and I am swept back into a sea of memories. There is nothing else to stimulate my mind at this moment, so I lose myself in my reminiscing. Faces appear before me, old loves long gone, (some best forgotten!) and old friends from around the world who are still dearly missed. You all know who you are. My love goes out to you tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though you only seen my face on a photo, I am sure I am one of them. Thank you for your blog, I love to read it. It makes me dream and wondering about the world outside the one where I am locked in.
Who has the key? Me or the government that steals my money to buy me a key out? :p

Anonymous said...

oh dang, the key guy is me, Narsh. :) Forgotten to write my name under it.